Do you like ice-cream, but you pay attention not to eat too much of it? With the following raw vegan recipe you don’t need to think about calories. Why? Because the biggest part of calories comes from simple carbohydrates. These simple sugars deliver the energy you need for your daily tasks fast and, in contrast to common belief, they are not going to make you fat.
If I prepare Green Mango Ice-cream I only use 100% natural ingredients without any additional sugars or flavors. The things you need for the ice-cream, you can get in almost every supermarket.
- 2-3 frozen bananas
- 2-3 bananas
- 200-300g of frozen mango
- 1-4 full hands of greens (e.g. stinging nettle, dandelion, lettuce)
- powerful mixer or food processor
- Get the frozen bananas out of the freezer and let them defrost for at least 10 min
- Take the other bananas and place them in your blender
- Blend the bananas and add some pieces of frozen banana from time to time. If your blender is not as powerful you will need to add a half cup of water or even more.
- Add frozen mango to the blender and blend
- Fill one half of the mixture in a big jar or glass bowl.
- Add your greens to the other half in the mixer and blend until smooth.
- Now put your green part on top of the one that is already in your jar. Done.
I know from experience that it can be difficult to get ripe mangos, depending on where you live and what is in season. So I have a quick tip for you. Before you spend your money on unripe fruit get and then preparing it by yourself for freezing. Go and buy frozen mango instead. I think a well sorted store will have them. In Germany I got 300g of frozen mango for 2€ already cut in little cubes. Perfect for using them in recipes.
To have enough frozen and ripe bananas around I recommend you to buy a whole box, let them ripen and prepare them for freezing all at once. If you don’t have a freezer, you can get some frozen bananas, but they are maybe harder to find. I found them in Asian food stores, but better to call and ask them before you go there. If you are in an Asian shop in order to buy frozen bananas, make sure to also get Durian and Jackfruit, no matter if frozen or fresh. If you are not able to purchase frozen bananas, prepare the ice-cream without them. This will also be tasty, but it’s going to be more like a smoothie, instead of an ice-cream.
If you like the Green Mango Ice-cream and you want to tell others, that ice-cream can be healthy and is not going to put some extra pounds on you, feel free to share the recipe in the social network of your choice.
I wish you lots of pleasure while trying this recipe!